Project

General

Profile

Bug #903

uweb www domein lijkt niet te bestaan online

Added by Jacko Hoogeveen about 7 years ago. Updated about 7 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Jacko Hoogeveen
Category:
µWeb Website
Target version:
-
Start date:
2012-07-09
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Spent time:

Description

Wanneer je navigeert naar www.uweb-framework.com dan krijg je de volgende meldingen

chrome:
Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.uweb-framework.com

Dit is geen lokaal probleem aangezien de zelfde error wordt gegeven op een android phone.

Vermoedelijk is het www domein niet gekoppeld.
Zonder de www toevoeging functioneert de website zoals bedoeld.

History

#1 Updated by Jan Klopper about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Assignee set to Elmer de Looff
  • % Done changed from 0 to 30

For those who cannot fathom the possibility of an internet without www. in front of every domainname, I have added www. on both the .nl (primary) and .com (secundary) domainnames.

This makes me think, we should add canonical url tags to the pages, and we should make sure the .com's and www domains redirect to the uweb-framwork.nl site.
Elmer, could you take a look at that?

(ps, as the uweb tracker is public we should stick to En_GB in here)

#2 Updated by Elmer de Looff about 7 years ago

  • Category set to µWeb Website

I've added a routine to the pagemaker that throws 301 redirects for everything to lands on www. to the main domains. However, the nginx configuration is still set to only forward uweb-framework.(com|nl) to the correct VM.

I've informed the platform folks about the desired change.

#3 Updated by Elmer de Looff about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Elmer de Looff to Jacko Hoogeveen
  • % Done changed from 30 to 70

This has been fixed and verified to work. http://www.uweb-framework.nl/ redirects to http://uweb-framework.nl/. The same has been done for http://www.uweb-framework.com/

#4 Updated by Elmer de Looff about 7 years ago

Applied in changeset underdark:commit:a6951811c1a3.

#5 Updated by Elmer de Looff about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • % Done changed from 70 to 100

Also available in: Atom PDF